Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances

On 27/10/2020 01:03, wrote:
On Saturday, 17 October 2020 11:07:52 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 17/10/2020 00:01, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 12 October 2020 16:21:50 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:

Last night EQDSO broke yet another set of earphones and today I will
mostly be putting them back together again. (I keep a small stock of
replacement bits for this purpose.) But you helped me put it into
perspective. If the worst thing I have to complain about is repetitive
headphone destruction then I am a pretty lucky chap.

Get some 1920s headphones and no-one'll ever break them again.

Where will you get a crystal set to use them with?

I don't ever plan to make a crystal set, simple as they are. They're crap.
Nor will I use them on an old valve set, they're high Z & have exposed terminals sticking out.
Nor do I plan to use them with a modern radio, they're marishly uncomfortable.
The wire is exposed & uncordgripped, so not entirely robust either. But after trying them once she'll never use them again, unless she's super-weird.

I assume that 1920s headphones would be high impedance to work with a
valve radio. I think low impedance outputs only came in with moving coil
speakers.

--
Max Demian