Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default This guy is brilliant

On 26/10/2020 19:06, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 18:15, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 26/10/2020 10:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2020 08:52, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO9m...el=JimBrowning

For once I will endorse one of Jim's random links.

The channel is question is run by an anti scammer who has made a
profession of disrupting and taking down scammers who typically pray
on the old and vulnerable. Basically all those cold calls you get
that drop you through to an Indian call centre that will then try and
scam access to your bank account etc.

Unlike many that just scam bait, he is always calm and collected, and
uses a considerable skillset to gain control over the scammers
computers and networks. He even featured in a recent BBC Panorama
showing a take down of a big scam call centre.

how condescending of you ...thanks

Well since you can't be arsed to expend any effort explaining what links
you are posting and why, you ought not be too surprised that most of us
are inclined to devote similar amount of effort following them.

In this particular case however I recognised the channel name without
needing to follow the link, and thought it worth highlighting since the
channel in question contains lots good content, and figured many would
actually avoid looking because of how you were promoting it.

nothing like a nice surprise is there ? ....