Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Wiring extractor fan from the shower pull-switch - yes or no?

Fredxx Wrote in message:
On 27/10/2020 14:57:12, me wrote:
I'd like to wire the shower room extractor fan from the shower
pull-switch so that it goes on with the shower and not the light. I
found some info where one person said it's a no-no under current
wiring regs but could be done via a contactor, and another says it
can be done without a contactor as long as it goes via a fused spur
from the shower switch.

Any electricians here can tell me which is the legal way to do it as
I'd like to do it through a fused spur from the shower pull switch
for simplicity.

Most people would opt for a fan with a humidistat.

I wouldnt they fail all the time...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----