Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Dehumidifier recommendations

On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 1:40:32 AM UTC, wrote:
On Monday, 26 October 2020 11:44:31 UTC, Caecilius wrote:
I've had an ebac 2650e for about five years and it works well enough,
but it's getting a bit too heavy to take up & down stairs so I'm
looking to buy a second dehumidifier for upstairs.

Most of the reviews seem to be focussed on features and appearance, so
I thought I'd ask the group for their opinions on a decent
dehumidifier that works well and is likely to last a few years like my
ebac.

Not sure if I want another refrigeration unit or a dessicant, so
recommendations for either are welcome.

Refrigeration uses less energy, but not effective below around 10C. Usually best to pick refrigeration.

Noise is another consideration.

NT

The Meaco DD8L we have on the boat is connected via short length of hose to a sump pump to keep it running (It would automatically turn off once the 8l tank was full.)
It runs effectively in cold weather and certainly freezing conditions don't seem to affect it. In fact the heat it gives off is beneficial