dg

Default Cost of Building Bedroom Extension

Only the building control officer will tell you if your foundations are
adequate - you will need a trial hole and perhaps a formal Building
Regulation application to get him to comment officially.

Those rates appear way too low for even an approximate estimate. They do not
account for working a first floor level, scaffold, new ceiling/floor joists,
demolition and supports etc.

dg

"SuzySue" wrote in message
om...
The Natural Philosopher wrote in message

Budget at about 80 quid a square foot, and you won't be far off.

7ft x 7ft =49 SqFt
49 x £80 = £3920

So, maybe £4000. That's not bad, I was thinking it might cost a lot
more. If I could get it done for something like this, I might get a
few builders in to give some quotes. BTW, I'm up north where I assume
building work is possibly cheaper (?)

BTW, how do I know if the foundations of the existing kitchen
extension are capable of holding an extension on top? Would the
builders know, or would I have to get an architect or surveyor to do a
survey?