Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Cleaning printing off cables

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 22:09:32 +0000, Theo wrote:

I ordered some white PVC flex to replace a pendant lampholder.
Unfortunately when it came it turned out to have conspicuous 'dot
matrix'
style black printing along the length. This makes it unsightly for
something that's going to be on display, and there's no part without
printing long enough for what I need.

I tried rubbiing the ink with water and then IPA, to no avail. I could
sand it, but the rough surface would then be a dust magnet.

Any ideas what kind of solvent might clean it off?

Thanks Theo

Write off the purchase and buy some more.
If possible, just go to a local shed like B&Q where you can see the flex
and cut off a length.

Or go to an electrical wholesaler, or Screwfix, or Toolsatan.

Cheers

Dave R