Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Why did warm air central heating go out of fashion?

On 26/10/2020 11:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Tricky Dicky submitted this idea :
*I do not think they were an easy install for retro fitting compared
to installation in a new build. At the same time gas was getting
comparably cheaper with North Sea gas coming on tap and at the same
time gas boilers getting more compact

There were gas heated versions of hot air systems. Those I came across
had been Those I came across had been condemned, because the burned
compartments eventually leaked into the air sections.

A bit like the exhaust heat-exchangers on my Type 3 VW fastback :-(