Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Preventing a crack in a plasterboard ceiling.

As part of a re-furb in the cloakroom - new lighting and different
plumbing, I'll have to replace the plasterboard ceiling. Approximately
1.4 x 1.2 meters. Joists along the major axis.

About half way along those, the ceiling changes to a slope - part of the
original roof design. So the joint in the pb at the bend at right angles
to the joists. And the old was cracked there - despite not being that old.

What was a sloping roof above is now a roof terrace, and IIRC the joists
for that not connected to this ceiling ones.

What would be the best way to avoid the new cracking? Suppose I could fit
noggins to support the ends. I don't intend having it skimmed, as that
would require trades brought in. (The old was skimmed but cracked anyway.)

--
*Women like silent men; they think they're listening.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.