Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default Battery doorbell local repeater?

On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 1:38:41 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Hey, I like it, but we can complicate it more. I think we need a Raspberry Pi or an Arduino in the circuit controlling it.

Outside of the programming the Arduino is very simple to use for many
things. They can be bought for less than $ 5 from many places in China.

That is often less expensive than many of the relays it would take to do
the job.

I need to learn more about that; this is one of those technical advances that kind of sneaked by me. I was trying to figure out if I could replace my washer timer with something like that, 30 year old Maytag and can't get parts, but then it started working again.

They really really don't make them like that anymore.