Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Securing a CU to a wall

On Friday, 23 October 2020 at 11:49:04 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
On 22/10/2020 23:03, Tricky Dicky wrote:

The plan was/is to seal all gaps and openings with fire rated foam to ensure the integrity of the CU.

I'd not use spray foam near all those moving parts when there's stuff like

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsen...te-310ml/5689r

--
Robin

Decided to go with the piece of ply to mount the CU. Studding would need to have a jig made and be virtually mm perfect as the fixing holes are only 5..5mm in diam and although could be drilled out larger there is not much wiggle room. I can get the board prepared with cutouts for the cables and fastened up in half the time it would take trying to fix studs. Robin I take your point and will use the intumescent sealant. Thanks for all your replies.

Richard