Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Small push-button switch

On 24/10/2020 08:40, PeterC wrote:
I've a couple of desk lamps with the domed push-button switches and one is
rather glued together and getting more fragile.
Eventually I managed to find something on Ebay - tried all sorts of search
terms to exclude wrong items. Needs to have screw terminals and 12mm thread;
most I've seen are 10mm and trying to adapt the hole wouldn't be easy in
thin metal. One looks hopeful but, from dimensions given, I suspect that
it's also 10mm hole:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Push-butt...AOSw5ZBWH4n g

Any pointers to other sources, please?

Surely that large screw on cover/fixing would cover the odd 2mm extra
clearance on the hole. With the old switch are you measuring the size of
the hole or are you measuring the outside diameter of the tread on the
switch?