Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default OT - maybe. How to test remotes?

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 17:31:00 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

I like this one:
https://www.sdrplay.com/new-reviews-...1a-and-rspduo/

The spectrum analyzer app lacks the 2 GHz sweep range of my vintage HP but
has many more useful features. The spectrum + waterfall display on a large
widescreen monitor is spectacular. The waterfall captures short pulses.
https://swling.com/blog/tag/rsp1a/

Yeah, I looked at that one after I started playing with the RTL-SDR
I already had. Much nicer unit but 4x the price too...

I also looked at the Airspy stuff and was sorely tempted:

https://v3.airspy.us/product-categor...rs-converters/

Was thinking of trying to build a RaspberryPI + SDR Digital trunking
scanner. My area is transitioning to a P25 digital system and my old
analog scanners days are numbered... This is an old link:

https://forums.radioreference.com/th...canner.371662/

A lot has changed already since I was researching it early this year.
Better hardware and software has come out...

I would really like a HackRF One, which can also transmit
Just not a good place to spend my money nowadays. If I was still
working in the trade I would be all over this...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI