Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default HSS BSW taps - source?

On 22/10/2020 22:30, AJH wrote:
On 22/10/2020 21:57, wrote:
Apologies for starting a thread that's related to DIY, rather than
another OT thread of the sort which increasingly appear here ...

I've just broken my last 3/16 BSW taper tap so need to get a couple
more. From experience there's a lot of junk out there, and the dormer
brand is too expensive. Can anyone recommend a source of good quality
HSS taps at a sensible price?

It's a very long time since I bought a sigle tap but then I used Tracy
tools.

Also a quick search shows

https://tap-die.com

show some 3/16 BSW

BTW what is Whitform I see mentioned on the Tracy site?

Thanks, but there's no shortage of people selling taps and dies. I'm
trying to find something between cheap taps made from chineseium and
something that costs £40.
I'd forgotten about Tracy Tools and they used to have an excellent
reputation - in the absence of other recommendations I'll give them a go.