Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Filler cap on bunded fuel oil tank.

On 20/10/2020 12:20, Chris Holmes wrote:
In a domestic (Heating Oil) situation I don't think the regs would allow placement in a "Barn", but perhaps this is brick built and meets all sorts of regs requirements??

The regs do allow it. I had a lot of trouble getting it done though as
it's so unusual.

You need it to be in its own fireproof room. They were mostly scared
that my car in the garage next door might set fire to the tank though!

I like the idea of putting the tank in a locked building where neither
thieves nor UV can get to it.

I dare say I'll have an argument with the insurance company in a few
years when they say "The tank needs replacing" and I say "Why?"

Andy