Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Battery doorbell local repeater?

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 11:32:13 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Keeping in mind that this forum exists so that the uninformed may provide the least appropriate, most complicated, least reliable solutions for established problems with established (and reliable) solutions such that the requester of such information may be relieved of taking responsibility to do the right thing in the first place, over-complication is the natural order of things (Thank you, TImothy).

I'm keeping out of that one. ;-)

https://www.radioshack.com/products/...nt=20332219525

Put it in a small WireMold box

Or I could design / 3D print something. If it were white it could stay
as it is.

right inside the door by the door jamb.

Yeah, as long as it will fit on the inner frame (inwards opening door)
that will be fine. The frame is the same size as the end of the
corridor (the door was made to fit the space) so there isn't a lot of
clearance on either side for much.

Feed it from the bell wire - take one lead, and connect the buzzer in SERIES with that lead.

OK.

At 58 ma, it will not overload your transformer.

Well, it's batteries but if the buzzer requires a minimum of 6V and
the battery is only 6V, I'm not sure either buzzer or bell will still
work will they?

This was why I was thinking of some way of 'phatoming the 6V (battery)
psu to the bellpush and using that to source the voltage often
required to run these sounders?

I wasn't looking to make it complicated on purpose, I just couldn't
see how it could be KISS and still do what I want / need?

Something that could be easily modified is the PSU for the bell
itself. The bell sits on the side of the stairs so a small hole though
the back of the bell box for a cable to a small 12V battery (sealed
Lead acid or possibly a similar voltage diy Li-Ion pack) should be
doable. *Then* I have the spare 6V for a frame mounted buzzer. ;-)

Cheers, T i m