Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_9_] soup[_9_] is offline

Default new colours in three-core SWA cable

On 21/10/2020 20:37, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
OK as I eluded to, its discrimination against blind electricians to not have
the wires marked in a tactile way of course.
Brian

Many a true word said in jest.
When I was doing demolitions in the army, detonating cord was white
for live and a blue for training/dummy. However as a lot of army stuff
is done at night, or in poor light, the cord was marked with projecting
lengthwise ridges in training/dummy and smooth if live.

So you could tell if you were dealing with stuff that could go BOOM or
stuff that was just plastic cord, by feel alone.