Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oops, Astra Zeneca share price took a hit

On 22/10/2020 11:43, GB wrote:
On 21/10/2020 19:22, Fredxx wrote:
On 21/10/2020 18:55:15, Andrew wrote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/pa...ine-trial-dies

Which says: "AZ has just revealed that the patient who died received a
placebo, not the actual vaccine."

Well they would say that, wouldn't they? :-)

I'm taking part in the Novavax phase 3 trial, so I read up the results
of the phase 1/2 trial. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2026920

What is striking is that 30% of those receiving the placebo reported
side effects. That's not just tenderness at the injection site, but
headaches as well. Whilst it sounds a bit wimpish (no, a lot wimpish!),
it may be understandable if they were on edge because they thought they
were taking a completely brand new vaccine rather than a drop of saline.

Ah well, saline raises yer blood pressure.

It sounds the placebo is more dangerous than the vaccine?

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)