Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So that's why all this puff about the 'hydrogen economy'

On 22/10/2020 11:11, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Is the green table at the bottom of this page wrong, then?
https://evtun.com/chargers/accelev-2-phase-charger-6kw-8kw.html

No, but it isn't relevant, either.

It would be in terms of TimL thinking he could fast-charge, simply
because he has 3ph, when not many cars could take it.

I think that page only applies to their *built in* chargers or the POS
that is being advertised there.

I do not know how a fast charger interfaces to a typical car, but I do
know that I can charge my aircraft batteries in an hour, or less if I
don't mind possibly damaging them.

It is all about how you regulate the Vs and Is into them . And, given
that the only decent electric car there - the Jaguar I pace - has a
90kWh battery, 7kW is not going to cut the mustard at a public charging
point is it?

Of all the issue with leccy cars, the inability of the domestic mains to
**** out more than 7kW at a time is neither here not there. That one CAN
be solved with better engineering,

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.