Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oops, Astra Zeneca share price took a hit

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 20:12:38 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

I see in this country they are recruiting people to give the virus to,
I'm not totally sure what their aim is, ...

'twas rumbled a while back that the vaccine testing really ought to
have a some sort of definitive test that it really does generate an
effective immune response in most people. The only way to do that is
deliberatly infect people with SARS-Cov-2 with a known amount of
active virus at various time peiods after the "immunisation".

... but I guess it might be to do with infection detection how its
spread and what existing treatments can be used etc.

The ONS random population testing gives a pretty good idea about
spread and a I'd assume that there is a questionire associated with
the taking of swab sample that could give information about that
subjects "exposure" in the week before the sample.

They have plenty of subjects on which to trail existing treatments...

--
Cheers
Dave.