Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Scottish government delay smoke alarm legislation until 2022

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:43:04 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:18:03 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

To add to this I have now read that Insurance companies are

unlikely to
pay out if the proper alarms are not fitted.
Is this just a cop out?

I think the insurance company would have show "beyond reasonable
doubt" that the property would have been significantly less damaged
if smoke alarms had been fitted.

Balance of probabilities in civil cases, beyond reasonable doubt in
criminal cases (prosecution side) unless to have authority to the
contrary.