Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Scottish government delay smoke alarm legislation until 2022

On 21/10/2020 15:09, ss wrote:
On 21/10/2020 12:10, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
you are getting mixed up with days when things made sense ....

To add to this I have now read that Insurance companies are unlikely
to pay out if the proper alarms are not fitted.
Is this just a cop out?Â* My reckoning is even with fire alarms by the
time you wake up / get out the house / then phone fire brigade which
may take say 10 minutes to arrive I would imagine the house could be
well alight.
In other words with or without alarms the damage would likely be
extensive.

Houses do not burn down in ten minutes! Except in films.

And in reality. When did you witness an actual house fire and
the speed with which it spreads ?.