Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default G9 Lampholder

In article ,
JohnP wrote:
williamwright wrote in
:

On 20/10/2020 15:31, JohnP wrote:
I need to replace a burned lampholder in a ceiling fitting. I cannot
for the life of me work out how to remove it. I have looked at
replacements for clues.

Can anyone make a suggestion based on doing one? Photos he
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/joye1z5eo..._U3qvrp0KhZa?d
l=0

The whole thing is extremely vulgar. I should bin it.

Bill

Have you ever looked around a lighting shop? So many hang too low - or
are not going to give the output I need. I would reject the vast
majority - mine is at the "simpler" end of the range. Only one lighting
point in the lounge - not wanting to add another.

I had to replace a couple of light fittings a month or so ago. Trying to
use LED lamps instead of incansdescent had been a disaster: the LEDs didn't
draw enough current to overcome the corrosion which had set in on the SES
holders. I found, on the internet, fittings which are only about 4" from
the ceiling and they have LED heads - lights.co.uk (but they are a German
firm) have a look at the website

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England