Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default So that's why all this puff about the 'hydrogen economy'

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 21/10/2020 12:23, Tim+ wrote:
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:20:27 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Seriously, I don't give a toss what anyone else drives but it seems
that many folk are scared of change and will invent reasons why EVs
can't possibly work. The fact is, they do. What's more they're so
much nicer to drive (as you'll find if you can ever pluck up the
courage to test drive one) that you'll find the "issues" that seem so
insurmountable from afar are in fact generally easy to overcome.

You totally and utterly missed the suggestion that private motoring is
in the throes of fundamental reappraisal despite all and every measure
the vested interests might have in pretending otherwise.

I didn't miss it, I ignored it.

I'm not imagining a world where 20,000,000 cars become batteried
overnight. I am imagining a world where *because* of batteried cars
and other developments, there will only be 1,000,000 cars.

That may well be true in the long run but in the meantime and
relatively short term, our government is pushing the shift to EVs.

Because just as the UK decides to dig up every pavement road and
street to fit EV charging points galore, I'm thinking the first
"smart" use of a car will be to get it to drive off and recharge
itself at a local charging centre - possibly the car park of a big
supermarket, which are my nearest EV charging points.

So you would reduce congestion by not only having folk driving cars,
but also having driverless cars filling the road?

It's not smart cars *or* electric cars. It will be both.

You seem to want a different argument. Feel free to carry on without
me. I was only trying t correct TNPs lies.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/b...al-world-range

but what is 'real world'

perhaps carrying a passenger or two and some luggage?

"Nature does n

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England