Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default G9 Lampholder

JohnP wrote:
Radio Man wrote in
:

JohnP wrote:
I need to replace a burned lampholder in a ceiling fitting. I cannot
for the life of me work out how to remove it. I have looked at
replacements for clues.

Can anyone make a suggestion based on doing one? Photos he
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/joye1z5eo..._U3qvrp0KhZa?d
l=0

You can replace the bulb holders the two half moon cut outs visible in
the photos have screws at the end. The holders can be found on ebay.

Took it down - part of the holder removes leaving behind a couple of metal
contacts - one of which is arced away - cannot remove that part - I suspect
the wiring is holding it. The screwes boss for the shade doesn't budge -
The bin beckons.

I reckon anything that takes G9 bulbs should head for the bin. I have the
same ceiling fitting (in stainless steel) and have problems with both
halogen & LED bulbs.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls