Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So that's why all this puff about the 'hydrogen economy'

On 21/10/2020 12:23, Tim+ wrote:
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:20:27 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Seriously, I dont give a toss what anyone else drives but it seems that
many folk are scared of change and will invent reasons why EVs cant
possibly work. The fact is, they do. Whats more theyre so much nicer
to drive (as youll find if you can ever pluck up the courage to test
drive one) that youll find the €śissues€ť that seem so insurmountable
from afar are in fact generally easy to overcome.

You totally and utterly missed the suggestion that private motoring is in
the throes of fundamental reappraisal despite all and every measure the
vested interests might have in pretending otherwise.

I didnt miss it, I ignored it.

I'm not imagining a world where 20,000,000 cars become batteried
overnight. I am imagining a world where *because* of batteried cars and
other developments, there will only be 1,000,000 cars.

That may well be true in the long run but in the meantime and relatively
short term, our government is pushing the shift to EVs.

Because just as the UK decides to dig up every pavement road and street
to fit EV charging points galore, I'm thinking the first "smart" use of a
car will be to get it to drive off and recharge itself at a local
charging centre - possibly the car park of a big supermarket, which are
my nearest EV charging points.

So you would reduce congestion by not only having folk driving cars, but
also having driverless cars filling the road?

It's not smart cars *or* electric cars. It will be both.

You seem to want a different argument. Feel free to carry on without me. I
was only trying t correct TNPs lies.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/b...al-world-range

but what is 'real world'

I get anywhere from 380 to 600 miles on a tank
Assuming I will get 600 when I am on target for 450 is bad news

Tim

--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

ۥ Confucius