Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Electrical safety requirements in a rental property

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 20:22:41 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

I guess you need to ask to see the actual bit of the regs that state that
existing installations unless changed recently need to be adhered to as a
new installation might.
I don't like those spotlights, apparently they have been known to set
curtains alight, but I bet you will tell us they are nowhere near a curtain!

I don't like them either. We used to have them and they lasted about
two weeks. Some question the colour rendition properties of LED but
to my mind the low energy consumption reduction in heat output make it
all worthwhile. My bedside lamp - used for reading - is still
halogen, but I think it's the only one.