Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Long lasting emergency lights?

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 09:43:52 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

You would be much better off with an LED torch by your bedside. A simple
modification to bridge the switch with a ~1M resistor or two means you
can even find it in total darkness (and see by it once dark adapted).

Think I'd prefer passive luminous tape. Wonderinmg what happens after
a period of time with that low load on the battery. I suspect the low
glow will still be present but all you get when you switch the torch
on will be a brief pulse of light or a very short runtime. The dim
glow lulls you into a false sense of security that the batery is OK.

I have a couple of emergency lights - one in the kitchen and one in the
dining room since those are the places where being suddenly plunged into
total darkness could be most annoying.

One next to the CU is a good idea as well. I don't think the
management would pass having a normal emergency light in the living
room, kitchen maybe. The little battery powered motion sensor lights
are a very good solution for both of those locations and can be used
as a torch to break out the proper backup systems.

--
Cheers
Dave.