Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default G9 Lampholder

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:31:05 GMT, JohnP wrote:

I need to replace a burned lampholder in a ceiling fitting. I cannot for
the life of me work out how to remove it. I have looked at replacements for
clues.

Can anyone make a suggestion based on doing one? Photos he
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/joye1z5eo...qvrp0KhZa?dl=0

Some of your photos look as if the ceramic socket is held down by two
projections on the outer screwed sleeve. If so, turn the socket
anticlockwise slightly to disengage the projections, then pull.

I found a manufacturer's photo of the pendant he
https://ef8e76c3b107e0f88bb3-56e22c8.../EL283-5SB.jpg
but it gives less detail than your photos. According to TinEye it was
first found in 2008. The lamp was sold by Endon Lighting but is no
longer available.

Another possibility is that the brass cups screw off the stems.

If you do get the socket out, you won't find an exact replacement, but
maybe it could be cleaned up to work again.
--
Dave W