Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Hotpoint w/mch belt comes off

newshound wrote:
On 20/10/2020 12:34, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
rick laid this down on his screen :
Belt is not adjustable .... and motor position also not adjustable
(fixed by drum mounts)Â* Hence relationship of motor drive pulley to
dram pully is fixed.
The multi-vee belts when fitted will not stay central on the flat drum
pulley ..... I can fit central to drum pulley and vee belt is on the
first inner vee of motor pulley, but as soon as it rotates it jumps
one vee to the right.

Multi-vee belts are normally driven and drive multi-vee pulleys, I have
never seen one drive a smooth pulley. I have seen the flat back of the
belt, pass around a smooth pulley, such as a tensioner pulley.

Something seems to not be right. Was the original pulley on the drum
smooth?

+1. ISTR I might have a multi-vee belt driving my tumble dryer drum, but
most certainly not a washing machine.

Ditto on my ancient gas tumble dryer.

Tim

--