Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Hoovers for workshop dust extraction

On 20/10/2020 10:20, wrote:

I use a Jet JCDC-1.5 HVLP cyclone extractor for the table saw and
planer/thicknesser, and an Earlex LVHP+Dust Commander for routers,
sanders, etcetera. Until recently I used LVHP for the bandsaw but
upgraded the saw and the new one came with a 4" port, which seems odd.

Mine has a 4" port... it seems quite well suited since it gives enough
air speed to capture pretty much all the dust. (which is moderately
coarse anyway)

The problem is the Bosch chopsaw, which comes with a 2"'ish port that is
totally inadequate. I keep meaning to add some sort of scoop behind it
but too many other jobs keep cropping-up. What do others do about
controlling chopsaw dust?

Let is spew all over the workshop, and keep saying to myself I must
build a proper chop saw station with a fully enclosed back!

Which I will do, although I might build a new workshop to put it in first...

To be fair the bag on it probably captures 60 - 70% of the dust, but
that still leaves plenty to go elsewhere.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |