Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Good portable emergency light?

williamwright wrote:
Yes they would give you good emergency lighting but a bit directional
and harsh for an all evening emergency light for Mum.

Bounce them off the ceiling.

Dave means, "Bounce the light off the ceiling."

Bill

When I made my own LED lighting for the kitchen,
that's how it works. Off the ceiling. 3W of DC worth.
Maybe around 240 lumens. Enough light to make tea.

And there's a limit as to how much light you can
bounce off the ceiling, before the glare from it
gets you. I have some LED floods, that are too "hot"
to do that.

Paul