Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Holmes[_2_] Chris Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Filler cap on bunded fuel oil tank.

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 8:34:03 PM UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
Snip

how do you
safely cut up an 8'x4'x4' steel tank with a residue of red diesel?

Easiest way is to advertise it and hopefully someone will want it for something and come and do all the work to take it away whole. Otherwise, Google is your friend, as it's been asked here afore.

In a domestic (Heating Oil) situation I don't think the regs would allow placement in a "Barn", but perhaps this is brick built and meets all sorts of regs requirements??

On a lighter note, I used to volunteer doing PA and electrics at events (remember those) and one day some of the guys went to top up the kerosene tank for the showers. They pumped a load in and dipped it and it was still showing empty. So they pumped a load more in, still empty..... Then the penny dropped, they were filling the bund! !1::^*))

We have unbunded here for domestic, my brother in law has it on his list to build it one.