Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Good portable emergency light?

On 19/10/2020 13:51, T i m wrote:
It would be far superior to that!

On what grounds though?

Brighter, longer lasting, generally more lovely.

Is it lighter?

No but it isn't heavy enough to matter. It weighs less than a full
bladder so should be insignificant for any old person.

Is it instantly adjustable between any head size and anything else you
wanted to fit it to?

Yes absolutely. I fit mine to children, and also to the backs of chairs,
fence posts, and other temporary supports, in order to photograph
fungus, copulating invertebrates, and other interesting things, at night.

Does it take dry cells?

Good grief no. That would be pointless. Too much fumbling.

Is it cheaper?

€œThe cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.€ Wilde

How well would it fit if Mum had her hair in a bun?

It fits over a hard hat. I can't say for sure about a bun because I
don't have one.

Could she carry hers in a small pocket in case of a power cut?

Yes, I put mine in my jeans back pocket on the way to the pub if I'll be
coming back at dusk.

Bill

Cheers, T i m