Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default loyalty cards, was: Zoom warning

In Roger Blake writes:

[snip]

Cash on the other hand is freedom and privacy, and that is all I use for
local purchases. It is nobody's business how I spend my money. (And no,
I don't use store "loyalty cards" either.)

Many of these are set up so you can key in "your" phone number
and get the same affinity discounts [a].

"Your" in quotes because it doesn't have to be your
own number.

Now... getting ahold of Rick Santorum's number and using
it when you purchase a dozen copies of "The Joy of Gay Sex"
would be evil. But there are quite a few semi public
ones that are reasonably fair game.

[a] you probably won't get something like their yearly
rebate credit (when applicable), but you'll get
that lower price "for members" when you buy stuff.