Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Dee Dah Dee Dah, not enough WIND !!

In article , Tim Streater
scribeth thus
On 15 Oct 2020 at 13:46:58 BST, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 15/10/2020 09:53, Jeff Layman wrote:
We may be nearer to solving that problem than any of us perhaps thought:
https://www.newscientist.com/article...m-temperature-

superconductor-could-spark-energy-revolution/.
We aren't there yet, but it's a good start. A practical room-temperature
superconductor would make a world-wide supergrid not only possible, but
inevitable.

Here is a man to whom money and politics are simply meaningless.
Who on earth sold you that load of utter guff? What about the cost and
the materials needed? What about the politically unstable regions it
would cross?

Much as you might like to deny it, that room-temperature superconductor
exists. It's obviously not a practical material, ...

Not when you require a near centre-of-the-Earth pressure. And just because
progress has been made, doesn't mean that it will continue to be made. Room
temperature super-conductors will be able to be called "existing" when it's
possible to routinely buy a drum of such cable at an ordinary price.

And really, one would prefer not to have to transport power across the globe.
As TNP said, energy security is of paramount importance.

Well be a havin this ere fusion 'ere long, wont we?, at the same temp as
my arse after a curry!..

Its true yer knows!!

--
Tony Sayer