Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Bending jigsaw blades

In article ,
Tricky Dicky scribeth thus
On Wednesday, 7 October 2020 at 16:51:28 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
To cut the Celotex floor insulation into joist gap panels, I bought some of

these jigsaw blades which should be good for up to 100mm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Profe...-softmaterial-

Black/dp/B000R5LTGC

Now the jigsaw is not one of my favourite tools so I have never owned an

expensive one due to the little use I make of it. What I am finding is go
slightly off line and the blade bends out and it is almost impossible to get a
perpendicular cut over 1.2m in 75mm Celotex. Some of the reviews mentioned this
and I was wondering if the problem is down to the blade having no set therefore
not cutting a proper kerf or is it down to the jigsaw?

Richard

Well the answer to the OP is it was the jigsaw. Bought a decent Makita and tried
a long cut on a length of the Celotex and the cut was true and straight and
absolutely perpendicular. That is going to save a lot of grief doing some more
floors and particularly when it comes to insulating my man cave.

Richard

Bought a decent Makita around a 120 quid excellent tool

Like most of their i other gear....

--
Tony Sayer