IMM

Default Digital set-top boxes (slightly O/T) - weak signal area.

"Owain" wrote in message
"IMM" wrote
| If the goods aren't faulty then if you buy over the counter they
| are under no legal obligation to accept any returns though many
| retailers do so. If you buy by mail order you can return goods
| under the Distance Selling Regulations, though the general view
| seems that you can only do so if you not have actually used them.
| Argos is half way between. You can't inspect the goods, they come
| boxed and wrapped and ordered from a catalogue. Initially they
| came under the normal mail order laws, I'm not sure what the
| situation is now.

There's nothing to stop you asking for something to be brought out before
you buy it in Argos; a lady was giving a CD/radio an exhaustive going-over
whilst I was in the queue behind her the other day.

They don't have too.

---