Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default 4G Router in place broadband via landline

On Sunday, 18 October 2020 21:21:24 UTC+1, Roger Mills wrote:
I need a constant internet facility at my holiday flat in order to use
the Hive setup to remotely monitor the temperature and to turn the
heating on prior to each visit.

For a while we used a 4G device because broadband was so terrible. A number of issues:

Would get far too many temporary dropouts. No idea if it was hardware, birds, aircraft, etc. They didn't last long but made streaming, or even browsing, tedious and annoying.

There were a number of outages when they did local maintenance on the base station. On occasion, for a few hours.

If you have any problems, they will insist on a whole series of steps. Of course, many are impossible if you are not there. If you are not close, it is unsatisfactory.

Speed was not as high as we would have hoped and expected - but probably plenty for your purposes.