Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

Default Painting a garage door

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:06:49 +0100, Jimk wrote:

Bev Wrote in message:
On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 09:58:20 -0400, Paul wrote:
Try keywords like "wash primer".

I've not used any, because I'm the guy with the galvanized surfaces
with no paint on them :-) I can tell you with authority, that regular
paint lasts around a year,
before the lack of adhesion makes it come off again.

Hmmm... we had new railings put up around 4 years ago. They were
galvanised and spray painted before fitting. Nothing special about the
paint other than it being thinned to be able to spray it. Apart from
weathering of the paint its still sound. They are ready for a paint
next year though.

Did you see them spraying? Or is it in fact powder coat? Mordant
solution is sposed to prep new zinc for paint. I've had
mixed results tho...

Its definitely *not* powder coat and yes I saw them spraying it. The
chap who made them is only a few miles from us so easy to drop in to
watch progress or have a brew.