Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Graham J[_4_] Graham J[_4_] is offline

Default 4G Router in place broadband via landline

tim... wrote:
[snip]

and all this just(?) to turn the heating on before you arrive

I realise that it depends upon how well insulated the property is, but
it would cost me less in gas to keep my flat at a constant, say slightly
less than comfortable 16 degrees, than pay for this telecommunications
solution.

In terms of climate change, that would be totally inappropriate!

Have you thought of leaving a key with a neighbour, and getting that
neighbour to turn on the heating when you ring? That way you also have
an informal security system.

--
Graham J