Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Breakthrough - superconductor

On 18/10/2020 22:09, Robin wrote:
On 18/10/2020 21:44, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 17/10/2020 14:48, Robin wrote:

Do you dismiss similarly superconducting magnetic energy storage?

Until somebody comes up with some numbers - yes. Do you have some I
don't know about?

Well I patently don't have crucial ones such as the cost of the
superconductor and its critical current since they are unknowable until
someone comes up with a practicable new SC.

OTOH I don't write off a technology just because with current options it
is only economic for niche applications.

OTOH I do write off a technology when its clear it *never will* be
economic for anything *but* niche applications...

....as it now seems that wind and solar power are...

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/10/...ewable-energy/

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."