Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Johann Beretta[_2_] Johann Beretta[_2_] is offline

Default WiFi out to 800 feet

On 10/18/20 1:25 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

My gear (Ubiquiti) supports 5, 8, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 80 Mhz wide channels.

In what country? See:

The United States. I'm using official firmware on a US radio. I had
heard that newer radios were limited to 10MHz as the smallest slice, but
older gear is grandfathered in.

10 MHz is
available but I don't know any situation where it might be useful.

As for the usefulness of 10Mhz, well... Seriously?

I can think of all sorts of things.. Namely anything where you need
70mbps or less.

Or, in a really crowded area, you might be able to find 10Mhz of clean
spectrum..

My own link to my WISP is 10Mhz (I have my own dedicated AP). Delivers
me everything I need without having another 10Mhz just polluting the area.

I could probably get away with 5Mhz, but I've upgraded to the AC line
and that is no longer an option. It is, however, still an option in the
M series.