Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name No Name is offline

Default Choosing a pod coffee machine?

On 18/10/2020 16:24, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:58:54 +0100, charles wrote:

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 15:04:40 -0700, polygonum_on_google wrote:

On Saturday, 17 October 2020 22:30:57 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 13:37:32 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google
wrote:

snip

I certainly remember us getting ground coffee delivered from a
company in Portsmouth - to Berlin. Back in the very early 1960s. We
had some sort of percolator with a glass "dome".

I think I can remember it being much more expensive (than tea) and
therefore possibly used more sparingly?

Cheers, T i m

Afraid I can't remember how much coffee my parents used!

500g every fortnight

They also got tea delivered - which is why I feel as if I have always
known of Broken Orange Pekoe.

There used to be a chain of shops: "Importers" with a branch in Ealing
(just near the Green) that roasted coffee on the premises and had every
variety you could think of, plus tea from averywhere. Sadly all gone.

ISTR a branch just outside Waterloo Station.

Not sure if they were a London/SE or national chain.

Roasting coffee is a smell on a par with baking bread for yumminess.

Can somebody explain to me why coffee when roasted or made into a drink
always smells like its on fire or very burnt/smouldering?

Cat poo and pee actually smells nicer!