Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Doorbell push indication?

On 18 Oct 2020 08:38:24 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 01:55:08 +0100, Dave W wrote:

You need to design and make a miniature dingdong mounted near the door,
dropping only 1V in series with the existing push. It only has to be
loud enough to be heard there so not much power needed.

You need a dingdong rather than a buzzer to make the caller realise that
keeping the button pressed is counter-productive.

My doorbell is entirely software, apart from the bell push. It has
debouncing code, also a delay before it works again. I need to increase
that.

It rings all the phones in the house (see previous posts) but I have the
same problem that it's not audible outside. I have the parts for a
'repeater' but haven't located a tuit yet.

The plan is to play something through a glass mounted speaker over the
door. I could vary this; two that seem good are Westminster chimes, and
"Time" from Pink Floyd.

The trouble with wireless and fancy electronic bells is that their
response is always the same, giving no indication of how desperate the
caller is.
--
Dave W