Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Good portable emergency light?

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:43:13 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 15:12:19 +0100, T i m wrote:

As you say, the good thing(s) about those is the level of light and
being 'always available' (subject to a stock of gas canisters etc).

Yeah, the "always available" is good.

Yeah. ;-)

I have some piercable
cyclinders that where proably bought in the mid 1970's,

I have some Colemans spirit here that I hope is still sufficiently
spirity, ready should I need to press my Tilley lamp into action [1].

What battery
has a 45 year shelf life with no loss of stored energy?

None that many could afford for a backup lamp I don't suppose. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] I had a quick look on the Tilley web site and realised I don't
believe I have the lighter thing. I think I've just poured spirit into
the cup bit and lit it that way (or was it meths)?