Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Filler cap on bunded fuel oil tank.

On 15/10/2020 18:50, Tim Lamb wrote:
No expense spared, a new 1200l bunded diesel storage tank has just
arrived in my barn.

Most of the assembly work is obvious but I am challenged by the
operation of the lockable inspection/filler cap. The logo shows partial
rotation followed by tipping up or lifting off. Reasonable force does
nothing!

Are tools available for fitting over the lugs cast onto the lid? Bit
like a fancy immersion heater spanner?

The pikeys will soon get it off, though these days I believe they
just heat up a length of 22mm copper pipe already connected to a
tank in their 4x4 and push the hot pipe through both walls of the tank.