Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Unused aerial bracket?

On 16/10/2020 19:42, williamwright wrote:
On 16/10/2020 17:54, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:38:19 +0100, williamwright
wrote:

snip

The aerials I have seen that come in two parts give you a clamshell
type bracket that contains the two ends and bolt up (wingnut?), then
you would put that cradle bracket on if you wanted to mount it that
way.

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/aerialp.../diy/022.shtml

Hehe, amazing, but what percentage of all the aerials up there are
like that though would you say?

We just walked a couple of different routes though some housing areas
and the only one we saw mounted badly like that was the one I
mentioned. Ok, some were also laying on the roof or swinging about
round the stack but otherwise they were all ok? ;-)

There were lots a few years ago, but I think a lot of them have fallen
down. Maybe the instructions are clearer now.

Bill

'Real' men don't need instructions :-)