Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Trying to locate mating barrel plug / socket ... ;-(

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:26:13 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 22:39:38 +0100, Clive Arthur
wrote:

snip

I don't suppose it would fit a phono socket?

I found my box of connectors this morning and tried a F-F phono
adaptor in the charger lead and it does seem to fit. So I plugged a
rewireable phone plug in the other end, powered the charger up and
measured 40V on the phono, so whilst it may not be the right thing, it
does seem to work (with no current at least). ;-)

I'm going to make up a lead later and give it a try.

Thanks for the thought Clive. ;-)

And I did and it worked ok. ;-)

I've ordered an inline socket so I can do away with the F-F converter
and male plug.

My mate can see the actual eScooter in his shop but can't actually get
to it ATM to see what the charging socket looks like. It may well be a
phono but I have a feeling it will be slightly more 'engineered' (and
they often have a waterproof cover over them).

But the phono certainly got me going, thanks. ;-)

Cheers, T i m