Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default WiFi out to 800 feet

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 20:50:05 -0500, Chuck
wrote:

Jeff, Austin TX., Portland Maine, and Madison WI. are terrific cities.
If safety, beautiful scenery and incredible restaurants are top on
your list, I'd consider Portland.

Austin, TX.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=move+to+austin+texas

Portland, Maine.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=move+to+portland+maine

Madison, WI.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=move+to+madison+wisconsin

I dunno. It appears to me that some residents are resorting to making
YouTube video to discourage immigrants. I can almost visualize being
greeted by a lynch mob. So much for safety.

Incidentally, I haven't been to a restaurant since late February 2020.
I really miss them. I used to hang out at the local coffee shops
meeting others with like interests. Zoom meetings are a poor
substitute. On the other hand, my food, entertainment, and gasoline
budgets have been dramatically reduced, I've lost some weight, I'm
sloooooowly learning how to cook, and I've forgotten how to calculate
a tip. Eventually, the pandemic will end, and I'll probably return to
my former decadent and lavish lifestyle. Until then, I think I can
survive without restaurants, fast food, and coffee shops.

More seriously, I've looked into selling my house and buying something
cheaper elsewhere. I'd rather not go into detail, but it's not going
to work for me. If I discount my house and convince a buyer to buy
the house as-is (after a full disclosure), the difference between the
discounted selling price and the purchase price of a replacement
house, will be rapidly consumed by the sales commissions, moving
expenses, repairs, deposits, etc. At best, it would be break even.

Also, I don't like cities. I grew up in Smog Angeles, which is an
example of a city to avoid. If I do eventually move elsewhere, it
will probably be to a small rural town similar to where I'm now
living.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Lomond,_California
If I want better entertainment, shopping, medical facilities, and
restaurants offered by the big city, I'll just drive there. I don't
need to live there.

Thanks for the suggestions.

--
Jeff Liebermann