Posted to rec.woodworking

Default One Hobby Supports Another, Plus

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 07:58:11 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 6:37:41 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Perhaps you could do some work with thse thread cutters for individuals.
;~)

That crossed my mind. I've never heard of anyone wanting or looking for large threaders or the service. Maybe, since large threaders are not so readily available, folks just don't inquire or mention the need.

Or they find another option. For that amount of money I'd have been
tempted to go with a lathe.

Since these are so expensive, I think I'd have a user come to my shop and they do the work. I'd charge a fee for the tool use. I need to learn the tool, see how easy/hard it is to work with, before establishing a rental-use or threading service procedure/policy.

This threader set is a birthday gift to myself, along with a new power washer due to arrive tomorrow.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/PowerBoss-3...ARB/1002651200

Sonny